Basic setup steps
- Install and activate the core WPML plugins (WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management), and then other WPML plugins that may depend on them.
- Set up WPML from WPML->Languages. See WPML Getting Started Guide for complete reference, but the initial simple three-step setup is self-explanatory, asking you to choose your default language, a set of active languages, and a language selector. (For starters, choose the footer language selector, you can change this later.)
The best way how to translate this theme is by using String translation module. WPML’s String Translation module is part of the Multilingual CMS package. To enable it, you first need to download and install from your WPML.org account.
- Then, go to WPML->String Translation.
- Click on the translations link to open the translation editor.
More information about this module is available here.
Translating Site Content
- Manually, by clicking on the + icons
- Using WPML’s Translation Management module