- Log into your WordPress Dashboard and install and activate all the plugins mentioned above.
- Next open Tools > Import.
- Next click on WordPress.
- Next choose a file from your computer and click on Upload file and Import.
- If you also want to import demo images then check Download and import file attachments checkbox.
- Next click on Submit.
- After data is imported go to Appearance > Menus.
- Then assign “Primary menu” menu to the “Primary menu”. (see image below)
- Next go to Administration > Settings > Reading panel
- Set Front page displays: to a static page and choose the Home for Front page.
- Save changes
IMPORTANT: For some reason WordPress doesn’t know how to import sidebars and footer widgets so you will have to add them manually. How to add sidebars and assign widgets to them you can get in documentation section called “Sidebars”. Widgets in footer can be added on Appearance -> Widgets page.
“Primary menu” is used for header toolbar menu.